[Samba] Samba 3.2.7 - Lost the abiltity to manage domain using user manager for domains

William Jojo w.jojo at hvcc.edu
Fri Jan 23 20:58:34 GMT 2009

---- Original message ----
>Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 14:54:16 -0430
>From: Victor Medina <victor.medina at bws.com.ve>
>Subject: [Samba] Samba 3.2.7 - Lost the abiltity to manage domain using user manager for domains
>To: samba <samba at lists.samba.org>
>
>Guys....
>
>After upgrading my Samba setup, full ldap, 3.0.33 (binaries from sernet
>- sles9 and sles10) I have lost the ability to manage the domain using
>User Manager for Domains....
>
>1.- i can set account policies
>2.- i cannot access user account information (for example to unlock an
>account, change passoword)
>
>It was perfectly working befor upgrading, it also used to work for
>3.2.4, same setup, same smb.conf, same ldap config
>
>Has anybody had this problem before? Am I the only one with this issue?

This sounds like the bug Jeremy recenly fixed for usermgr.exe non-root issues and unable to join domain as non-root user.

I applied a manual patch from that thread (found in git) and it worked perfectly. It was literally one line of code that changed.

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2008-December/145364.html

Cheers,
Bill