[Samba] Samba 3.0.28a on Ubuntu LTS 8.01 and Vista sp1 offline files (now testing with Samba 3.2.7).

Gavin Henry gavin.henry at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 16:14:11 GMT 2009

>> We also compiled up 3.2.7 and are now running it in the hope 3.0.28a
>> is somehow missing the patch that Jeremy did in 2007 to fix this
>> previously.
>
> Did this help ?

Nope, the customer has tested and .tmp files are still created. They
have switched back to syncing to another Vista PC and there are now no
.tmp files. So this definitely points to something not being set right
on the Samba side or something extra a Vista Business PC is providing.

Can anyone confirm they have Vista PC/Laptop <-> Samba and offline
files/folders working perfectly?

What debug information can I provide to help to get this to work?

Thanks,

Gavin.