[Samba] time sync issue

Fri Jan 16 18:17:25 GMT 2009

On 1/15/2009, Michael Heydon (michaelh at jaswin.com.au) wrote:
> you could use psexec to run "net time" as an administrator

I always add the 'Domain Users' Group to the local 'Power Users' group
on each workstation when I add one, then control who can log onto what
from the server.

Power Users do have the ability to set the time via a script...

Yes, I know, Power Users are only a small step down from (local) Admin
privs, but I also use a free little utility called TrustNoExe to prevent
users from running any executables that are not authorized...

Its a really cool piece of software, and has the ability to install and
manage the config for all domain computers from a single workstation
(ie, mine)...

I highly recommend it:

www.beyondlogic.org/solutions/trust-no-exe/trust-no-exe.htm

--