[Samba] time sync issue

Michael Heydon michaelh at jaswin.com.au
Thu Jan 15 23:02:46 GMT 2009

> Is that the only solution?
No, you could use the admin login script or WPKG mentioned in your other
thread, you could use psexec to run "net time" as an administrator, or
you could fix your NTP setup.

> How is it that the workstations can sync time
> from the Windows AD controllers, but not samba?

Samba3 isn't an AD DC there are several things that Windows can do that
samba can't. I believe that SBS has "net time" in the default login
script, obviously that would run into the same problem of users not
being admins. So I guess most people probably use NTP.

*Michael Heydon - IT Administrator *
michaelh at jaswin.com.au <mailto:michaelh at jaswin.com.au>