[Samba] Host with multiple names

Eric Roseme eroseme at emonster.rose.hp.com
Thu Jan 15 16:32:51 GMT 2009

  I have been able to do this by using ADSIEdit to add the alias service
principal to the server computer object in the AD.  In my case, I was
using the same IP for hostname and alias.

I could not get Samba to create a keytab entry for the alias SP, though.
  I could add a keytab SP with "net ads keytab create", but the client
could not authenticate using the SP.

For non-keytab authentication the alias worked.

Eric Roseme