[Samba] Host with multiple names

Kums kumaran.rajaram at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 00:21:23 GMT 2009

Imho, you can join/authenticate to AD only via single name that is specified
in the "netbios" parameter in smb.conf. If you do not specify anything, the
default netbios name of the node is going to be your hostname.

If a host has multiple IP address/eth interfaces, then you can access the
share using multiple IP addresses (with sinigle host name) unless you did
not bind ur SMBD to a particular IP address in smb.conf using "interfaces"
option.

Cheers,
-Kums