[Samba] Problem with OpenAndX

Mahendran shmahendran at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 08:40:18 GMT 2009

Hi,

I am enhancing the Samba Server on our product (VxWorks on the box) to
support Long Name. So I started implementing the dialect "LM1.2X002" (first
dialect that supports Long Name, the current dialect that we support are PC
Network Program). I have implemented the Negotiation, Tree Connect AndX,
Open AndX and Transaction2 (FIND_FIRST2) commands etc.

I am able to open the shared drive (root folder) but when I click on a
folder inside the root directory, the client first sends Open AndX command
and the server responds for that, after that the client sends Query
Information2 and the server responds for that and after that the client is
sending Read AndX command which is wrong as it's a folder.

After the Close Request/Response (for this FID) this process is repeated
continuously.

I am not sure why the client sends Read AndX command.

I have attached the capture for more details.

Packet no 110 - OpenAndX Request

Packet no 113 - OpenAndX Response

Packet no 119 – Query Information2 Request

Packet no 122 – Query Information2 Response

Packet no 123 – Read AndX Request (This should not come as I am trying
opening a folder)

Packet no 127 - Read AndX Response

Packet no 128 – Close Request (Close request for this FID)

Packet no 131 – Close Response (Close response for this FID)

Your help will be highly appreciated and will make to move forward.

Thanks a lot,

Best Regards,

Mahendran