[Samba] Shared homes in a different samba server

Mario Giammarco mgiammarco at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 14:26:58 GMT 2009

2009/1/9 John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com>

> We do that (and have that in place for 5 or so years). No data exists
> on the pdc. The nice thing about that is with this setup we can make a
> new PDC/BDC in less than 5 minutes and install it on one of our openvz
> or xen hosts. We do have the profiles folder mounted under nfs to the
> PDC and our ldap configuration each users profile is specified with
> the server name of the machine with the user shares.

So you are "cheating": in the PDC  samba conf you say that "homes" and
"profiles" are in a directory of the PDC, but the directory is not
phisically there, it is a nfs mount on another server right? Very good idea
anyway!

I do not understand the part about the ldap configuration, can you please
explain it better: what can you do with ldap??

Thanks you very much!!!