[Samba] TDB Corruption.

Linux Addict linuxaddict7 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 21:26:18 GMT 2009

Hello, I have relatively a large setup where RHEL 4 authenticating MS
W2K3 R2. Every often a host may not be able to authenticate due tdb
corruption and we had to rm the *.tdb and files and restart the winbind
which would  create fresh tdb files.  I guess Redhat acknowledged  the
issue here. http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/docs/DOC-4842    My question is,
is this something caused by samba itself or the underlying OS. If samba,
are we tracking this?  I know I can use LDAP backend, but I am using RID
to eliminate layer of admin work by not entering UIDs for each user.
Any hint is appreciated.

Thanks.

~LA