[Samba] lenny with samba 3.2.5 and cups

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Wed Jan 7 19:16:40 GMT 2009

Leonardo,

For lenny:
I've found that since version 3.0.26 or so, you must reboot the system
for printers to reappear.  It is not sufficient to simply restart Samba
and CUPS.
Off topic, but you may also find that the web interface for CUPS fails
when trying to add or modify a printer or export a printer to Samba.
Additionally, advanced options such as duplexing or tray selection may
no longer work for printers using CUPS ppd drivers.
It does not seem to affect all systems.  See the bug listing for
additional info.

Dale