[Samba] net getlocalsid: is this a bug?

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Fri Jan 2 10:26:16 GMT 2009

On Friday 02 January 2009 09:13:53 Miguel Medalha wrote:
> That was not my question. Read my message again, please.

Right. The answer actually is "You didn't read the help text
to 'getlocalsid'". I don't know which Samba version you're running, but in
the v3-3-test tree, the help text for net getlocalsid says "Get the SID for
the local domain". The local domain for member servers is different from the
domain a member server is joined to, but for a PDC, it's the same.
Technically, you're always looking at domain SIDs here, so the output of net
does just the right thing.

Kai

--
Kai Blin