[Samba] Acces denied with usrmgr.exe

HB ciradhb.forward at laposte.net
Thu Feb 26 07:59:22 GMT 2009

Hi all,

I have migrated to 3.3.0 and it works as expected. I can now use usrmgr.exe why any account of the Domain Admins group. Thanks for
your help.

I have another question related to this (I use passdb backend = tdbsam) .
When I create a new user with smbpasswd -a foo on the Linux box , the account created is initialized with the following values
(pdbedit -v foo) :
- Home directory : (\\myserver\foo)
- Home Drive : H:
- Logon Script : logonUNKNOWN.cmd

When I open the user foo in usrmgr.exe -> profile, the fields are ok, great.

Now, if I create a user with usrmgr.exe from a windows box, all the fields are left to blank, and I have to complete the profile
manually.

Is there a way to have the account initialized exactly like it were created with smbpasswd, some kind of a profile skeleton ?

Thanks in advance.

Henri