[Samba] Samba ignores printer options when printing via CUPS

David Meakins samba-list at judcom.nsw.gov.au
Wed Feb 25 01:54:32 GMT 2009

As a follow up to this, it does indeed look like this bug is what was
wrong. CUPS pstops was stripping out pretty much all options, and
replacing them with the the CUPS defaults.

To fix this we added the following line to smb.conf
cups options = raw

which bypasses pstops. This has the side effect of disabling anything
that pstops adds, such as page accounting, forcing multiple pages per
print, etc. Not really a problem in our situation.

regards
David

--
| Judicial Commission of NSW | Ph: +61 2 9299 4421 | Fax: +61 2 9290 3194 |

This Message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender.

Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and not necessarily the views of the Judicial Commission of NSW.