[Samba] Creating users while preventing bash login

Ooi Kwan Chen ooi_kwanchen at dxn2u.com
Tue Feb 24 03:52:55 GMT 2009

Hi all,

I'm using Samba 3.0.24-6etch10 in Debian Etch 64bit with kernel Linux
2.6.18-6-amd64.

Is it possible to disable the bash login permission for my clients in
the sharing group while they are only able to login to view share?

Example:-

I have created a system user which is able to connect and view the share
files, but i do not want to allow bash login to the server such as ssh.

Thank you all for your help.

--
Best regards,

Ooi Kwan Chen (John), System Support, Server Management Section,
Group IT Department, DXN Holdings Berhad
Office Phone : +604 771 6688 Ext 122 Fax : +604 772 4785
Website : www.dxn2u.com