[Samba] The referenced account is currently locked out...

Scott R. Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 20 18:40:39 GMT 2009

I recently changed the subnet of several computers on an isolated LAN,
that LAN utilizing RHEL 5.0 server (out-of-box, no patches) with Samba and
several Windows XP w/SP2 systems.

After the subnet change, if I log in as local admin to any of the Windows
systems, and try Start > Run > \\any_other_host\some_share

I get

\\any_other_host\some_share

The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on
to.

Doesn't matter if I try to access any available share on the samba server
or directly to another Windows box on the network.

All systems on the network have been rebooted.  All Windows systems are
able to log into the samba domain without a problem.   I just can't gain
UNC access to any other host as local admin on a box.   I was able to do
so without a problem before the network change.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Scott