[Samba] Fwd: Winbindd crash with 3.3.0

François Legal devel at thom.fr.eu.org
Tue Feb 17 18:54:50 GMT 2009

Hello,
I thought it would be better to make a new thread on this specific
point though it is related to the other thread I opened yesterday
(Trustom not working after upgrade to 3.3.0)
So this crash occurs at least in 3.2.6 and 3.3.0 (I raised bug 6034
on 3.2.6 but it also applies to 3.3.0) but not in 3.2.4. I did not
check with the intermediate versions, but I guess this must be present
since 3.2.6 to current.

This crash happens when the remote DC present domain groups with non
domain users members (in my case, this was a badly configured trusted
samba PDC), and winbindd tries to enumerate the group members.
I'd be glad to track this down to the code, but so far I've been
unable to build binaries with debug synbols useables by gdb.
François