[Samba] Problems with Samba4 implimentation

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Feb 17 02:27:28 GMT 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 17:40 +0530, derwyn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've managed to get samba4 up and running with some of the group
> functionalities  tested and working.
> What I did get stuck on and asking for help is that I wanted to set up a
> users "Roaming" profile like in ADS.
> and also if it is possible to control software updates like AD.
> Just wanted to know if this was possible in samba4 and if yes can you
> please point me to the page where I can read about this or please help
> me with it.

The best approach is simply to try it out in the same was that you would
in AD, and see what works.  If it doesn't work, please file a bug, and
we can look into what we are missing.  Also keep an eye out for the next
alpha release, where we should have the full AD schema (hopefully).

Questions about Samba4 are best sent to samba-technical for the moment,
while Samba4 is still alpha.

Andrew Bartlett