[Samba] CTDB

Kums kumaran.rajaram at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 13:27:21 GMT 2009

Yes, you would need minimum of two NICs per node (say eth0 and eth1). Devote
one NIC for ctdb/nodes(e.g. eth0) and configure this IP address to be
internal IP address used by your file-system (GFS/Lustre/GPFS). Use the
other NIC for ctdb/public_address (e.g. eth1 or bond0) which is totally
managed by CTDB (IP failover + failback as node fails/recovers). The public
address should be used for NFS/SMB export.

You need to manually start ctdb on all the nodes. I use parallel shell
(pdsh) to start CTDB in parallel across nodes (use eth0) to launch. Pdsh
internally uses rsh or ssh across nodes.

http://linux.die.net/man/1/pdsh

syntax
pdsh -a "/etc/init.d/ctdb start"

HTH,