[Samba] Samba Newbie

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Feb 13 22:09:23 GMT 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 12:26:11PM -0000, Eddie Humphries wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have been looking for a Windows alternative for File & Print servers.
> Currently, we are using Win 2003. Patching overhead and virus outbreaks
> are becoming problematic with reducing head count. I have looked at the
> site, but there is no reference to 'better or the same as Win2003' only
> NT is referenced. I'm trying to put a business case together to convince
> management that this is a viable alternate strategy for the long term
> future.
>

> Has anyone put a document together that might contribute to this
> business case?

No, that's a really good idea and thanks for bringing it up.
I used to do a lot of Samba marketing, but have been working
more on code recently. If anyone would like to help take on
the job I'd be very happy to work with them.

For the record I believe we are still faster than Win2003
(although we don't have production AD server support yet,
we are a very happy and integrated AD client :-).

Jeremy.