[Samba] Problem with read/write access

Javier Arancibia jarancibia at nacion-seguros.com.ar
Fri Feb 13 15:27:03 GMT 2009

I update to the version Version 3.0.33-3.7.el5 and change the directory
permision to 2775, i can't solve the problem, however if i cut and paste a
file in this share, work fine.
I think that the problem is in the file mask. When i create a file (rigth
click > create new > new text file) the permision of the file created is

 -rwxrw-rw-   agendaglm nobody    0 feb 13 12:44 Nuevo Documento de texto
(2).txt

I configure the option create mask = 0777 to create a file with this
permision.

Javier Arancibia

David Wells <d.wells at vitalcan.com.ar>

Para
Javier Arancibia <jarancibia at nacion-seguros.com.ar>
cc
samba at lists.samba.org
Asunto
Re: [Samba] Problem with read/write access

Javier,

    What samba version are you using? I encontered this problem using some
early version of the 3.0 tree and it got fixed upgrading samba. I would
also consider using a directory permision of 2775 instead of the 0775 that
you have used on the parent directory of the share adjusting the values in
the smb.conf too.

    Best regards, David Wells.

Javier Arancibia escribió:
I add this users to the nobody group and add @nobody to "valid user" and
"write list" however i can't modify the file content, rename files or
create dirs, i can delete file.

thanks!

Javier

David Wells <d.wells at vitalcan.com.ar>
13/02/2009 10:59

samba at lists.samba.org
Asunto
Re: [Samba] Problem with read/write access

Javier,

    If you mean to have usr1 and usr2 access this share I believe you
should have them as members of the nobody group and in the valid users
and write list have nobody group expressed as @nobody because plain
nobody refers to the nobody user, not the nobody group.

    Best regards, David Wells.

Javier Arancibia escribió:

I configure Samba in Share mode, I can see the files but i can't
write/delete files in the directory "agenda"
The directory /o/aplic/NACSEG/agenda have this permission  drwxrwxr-x

and

the owner and group is agendaglm nobody
I have all valid users in the smbpasswd and /etc/passwd

This is the smb.conf...........................THANKS!

[global]

   workgroup = GLMSA
   server string = Samba Server
   security = share