[Samba] Configure samba to serv ldap users and non ldap users?

Daniel Müller mueller at tropenklinik.de
Fri Feb 13 12:45:42 GMT 2009

Hello to all,

I am running an older suse 8.2 PC with samba 2.27a. I configured suse to
work as an ldap client (the ldapserver runs on another machine) .

Getent passwd and getent group gives me all the ldap users and groups and
this users and groups can take ownership of files and folders.

Is there a way  to make my samba recognize ldap users and groups with pam in
/etc/pam.d/samba file, witout having to change the

[global] section?

Greetings

Daniel