[Samba] Samba Newbie

Eddie Humphries eddie.humphries at homeserve.com
Thu Feb 12 12:26:11 GMT 2009

Hello,

I have been looking for a Windows alternative for File & Print servers.
Currently, we are using Win 2003. Patching overhead and virus outbreaks
are becoming problematic with reducing head count. I have looked at the
site, but there is no reference to 'better or the same as Win2003' only
NT is referenced. I'm trying to put a business case together to convince
management that this is a viable alternate strategy for the long term
future.

Has anyone put a document together that might contribute to this
business case?

Regards

Eddie Humphries

IT Audit Manager

HomeServe

Cable Drive

Walsall

WS2 7BN

Tel: 01922 427925

Mob: 07875529373

Email: eddie.humphries at homeserve.com

NOTICE - This e-mail and its attachments are strictly confidential. If you are not the intended recipient please delete the e-mail (including attachments)
from your system without printing copying disclosing or otherwise using its contents. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail or telephone on 0845 1557777. Any e-mails sent in an employee's personal capacity are not sent on behalf of the sender's
employer and are the personal responsibility of the sender. Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author only.
WARNING - Data conveyed by e-mail could be deliberately or accidentally intercepted or corrupted. The company does not accept any responsibility for
any changes or breaches of confidence which may arise through use of this medium. The content of e-mails sent and received by company employees
may be intercepted or monitored by the company. It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that this e-mail has not been tampered with and that
any attachments are virus-free. Whilst we make every effort to ensure that this e-mail is free from viruses this cannot be guaranteed. We recommend
that you scan all e-mail for viruses with appropriate and frequently updated virus checking software.

Homeserve plc Company number 2648297. Homeserve Claims Management Limited Company number 3913960. Homeserve Membership Limited Company number 2770612.

All the above companies are registered in England, and each has its registered office at Cable Drive, Walsall,  WS2 7BN.

Homeserve Membership Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA). Registration number 312518.