[Samba] smb keeps stale connections from logged out users and shut down clients

Frederik freggy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 22:07:21 GMT 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Frederik <freggy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I should add that for those old, already logged out users, smbstatus
> only shows locked files with EXCLUSIVE+BATCH oplocks. It seems that
> these locks are preventing the user from disappearing from smbstatus.

We worked around the problem by adding
veto oplock files =
/index.dat/????????-????-????-????-????????????.dat/0x????????_R/
to smb.conf

It seems that all stale oplocks we have here, are caused by Internet
Explorer files: several index.dat files containing cookie, history and
RSS feed indexes, the IE anti phishing index file, and some file with
a hexadecimal number in its file name in a directlry named Offline.

This problem probably started after upgrading the WinXP clients to
Internet Explorer 7.

I can't imagine we are the only one having this problem?

--
Frederik