[Samba] Connect without password

Bertram Scharpf lists at bertram-scharpf.de
Wed Feb 11 21:31:25 GMT 2009

Hi,

this is a question that is difficult to google for. It probably
even should be asked in a Windows forum. But as this is a list I
know for proficency, just let me start posing it here.

I want to connect to an XP share without entering a password
because this step is part of a script. I try to enter a command
like:

  smbclient -N -U Guest //somepc/floppy -c 'get somefile.txt'

Now, I tried for about 1 1/2 hours to configure the XP in some way
that this is accepted. All I got is a series of errors
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED or NT_STATUS_LOGON_NOT_GRANTED.

Could someone point me to a tutorial where is explained how to do
it right?

Thanks in advance.

Bertram

--