[Samba] Winbind group mapping problem

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Tue Feb 10 18:27:04 GMT 2009

Unfortunately, simply switching to idmap_rid at this point will not
rectify your immediate problem.  Winbind will apply uid's and gid's via
a specific algorithm, which will once again be different from your
current mappings.
However, if you wish to ensure consistent mappings for the future (new
server or multiple servers), then you would switch to idmap_rid and
manually set the ownerships this one time.
Having multiple servers, it was worth the time and effort for me to do
so; but of course, this may not be a pressing need for you.

HTH,
Dale