[Samba] ldapsam:editposix and add user script

Victor Mataré matare at lih.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Feb 10 14:46:18 GMT 2009

Hello Everyone,

We run a Samba 3.0 PDC and got all account information in LDAP. No
idealx scripts, as we let samba do all the work of creating unix
accounts in LDAP.
Now until recently, the "add user script" parameter worked as expected,
simply calling that script when I did a "net rpc user add".
Now it won't do that anymore, unless it finds that there's no unix
account for a legitimage SMB user upon session setup (according to
manpage). This condition however, is negated by ldapsam:editposix = yes.
As I understood it, the "add user script" was a general purpose option
to do anything that needs to be done upon user addition in samba. The
new behaviour just limits flexibility. Any idea how one could implement
a custom script that's run when a user is created?

thanks,
Victor