[Samba] Winbind group mapping problem

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Mon Feb 9 18:44:01 GMT 2009

Which winbind idmap backend are you using?
The default tdb backend generates id's randomly (which appears to be
your case), meaning you will have to do a lot of chown commands on box B.
For consistent mappings, use something like idmap_rid.

http://us6.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/idmapper.html#id2598850

Dale