[Samba] Re: Problem with Samba DFS and Active Directory/XP

Faye Gibbins Faye.Gibbins at ed.ac.uk
Mon Feb 9 14:55:37 GMT 2009

Using the ANAME in the smb.conf file but using a CNAME on the XP side
seems to solve this problem.

However when following links to other samba servers from the DFS link
I'm getting:

"Configuration information could not be read from the domain controller,
either because the machine is unavailable, or access has been denied"

However copy'n'pasting the destination for the DFS link into XP works
just fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

Faye

--

Please sign my petition:
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/alcohol-buying/

Faye Gibbins, Computing Officer (Infrastructure Services)
      GeoS KB; Linux, Unix, Security and Networks.
Beekeeper  - The Apiary Project, KB -   www.bees.ed.ac.uk

   I grabbed at spannungsbogen before I knew I wanted it.
                  (x(x_(X_x(O_o)x_x)_X)x)

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body,
registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336.