[Samba] net rap validate

Dariem Pérez Herrera dariemp at uci.cu
Mon Feb 9 02:42:04 GMT 2009

I'm not sure, but I think that alternative will not allow me to distinguish between a domain user or any other kind of user available in that server. What I need to know is if that username exists in the Active Directory installed on that server (Windows) and if the given password is valid for it. The thing is I'm writing some scripts for automating some tasks, which include validating domain users on a specific AD server given a Samba configuration, but the server which runs the scripts may not be joined to the domain (which means, may not have a machine account on the AD server, though it may have a valid smb.conf configuration equal to any other machine joined to the domain). If you think your alternative is still valid, please, explain to me a little more, or if you have any other idea is also welcome. Thanks.

Best regards,

Dariem