[Samba] File locking problem involving Samba, Clearcase, and Cygwin

Kathy banshee135 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 16:09:11 GMT 2009

Thanks, Jeremy and Brian for your responses.  First Jeremy -- I think
I will first pursue with Brian a solution that uses a version of Samba
that is at least more in line with what IBM has tested with Clearcase,
but if it really does look like the issue is with Samba, I have no
problem at least compiling a newer version and seeing if the issue
goes away.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Brian -- I'll send you the PMR in a private email and we can discuss
the Clearcase specifics off the Samba list.  I have suggested to our
test group probably at least 3 times  to get them to put their logs on
a local filesystem or Windows server share but they have never done
the test for me (to my huge frustration) because of the perceived
effort involved in modifying their scripts.  I agree that it's a test
that needs to be done and  I will have to just be adamant about it
this week.