[Samba] File locking problem involving Samba, Clearcase, and Cygwin

Kathy banshee135 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 22:02:33 GMT 2009

Thanks for the reply Rob.  That was my assumption that oplocks=no
overrides everything (but put them all in there just in case).  The
Samba shares are all related to Clearcase, which is why we have
oplocks definitions under global instead of individual shares.
(Although I suppose the home directories don't apply to that statement
I just made.)  Originally we were using "ads" authentication instead
of "domain", but IBM wanted it changed to domain because that's what
they claim to support for Clearcase.  It didn't make any difference in
how Samba is behaving.  They also insisted on a username.map for the
clearcase_albd account.  Before that, we didn't have one due to
authenticating to our Active Directory server.

[root at flint samba]# testparm
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[vobstore]"
Processing section "[scriptlogs]"
Processing section "[vws]"
Processing section "[views]"
Loaded services file OK.
WARNING: You have some share names that are longer than 12 characters.
These may not be accessible to some older clients.
(Eg. Windows9x, WindowsMe, and smbclient prior to Samba 3.0.)
Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_MEMBER

[global]
        workgroup = <company>
        realm = <company>.COM