[Samba] a question about vars

Arvydas Bražėnas divinesecret at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 09:01:26 GMT 2009

Hi,

Situation:
smb.conf
username map = /path/smbusers
include = /path/%U.conf

My goal: that users comming from win saw there own folders specified in %U.conf

Problem:
Now %U.conf is not seen if username map is included because unix user
= win user (with same passwd) in username map, therefore win users
access shares without Login prompt. As we remove username map from
smb.conf
everything works perfectly because now it is prompted for login, thus
you login as %u. Is there a way to make %U = %u with username map ? so
users could access without login prompt.

Sincerely,
Arvydas