[Samba] Samba + LDAP problem

plug bert plugbert at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 08:17:12 GMT 2009

Ran into the same problem too. what i did was

1, create a generic barebones smb.conf(i.e. no ldap backend and such),
2. started up samba
3. shut down samba
4. edited smb.conf to support ldap backend
5. started up samba

it may have something to do with samba not generating an SID when configured to support LDAP at the onset.

*or*, just do the setlocalsid thing as Mr. Björn Jacke has suggested