[Samba] Hello I need help with samba4

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Feb 5 01:39:07 GMT 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 16:13 -0500, gerardobh at eiefd.co.cu wrote:
> I've tried samba4 alpha6 and alpha7 and it works great. The host where
> it's installed, along with the attr package, doesn't require users or
> groups to be mapped. I could even redirect the "My documents",
> "Application Data" and "Desktop" Folder with group policies to
> "\\nameserver\home\%USERNAME%"
>
> The problem arises when I want to use the same database to authenticate
> users on other servers such as postfix, I would have to map users and
> groups to theirs uid and gid using winbind or libnss

Yes, you should use Samba3's winbind on the other hosts, and pam_winbind
to back plaintext authentication for postfix, or create a service
principal using Samba3's tools for kerberos authentication.

> Samba4's wbinfo works great, it maps users and groups. But when, on that
> host, I switch nsswitch.conf to use winbind the "getent passwd"
> doesn't work. And using libnss is even worse.

Yeah, Samba4's winbind stack isn't finished yet.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett
http://samba.org/~abartlet/