[Samba] can't make 3.3.0 on Solaris 10

Brian H. Nelson bnelson at cis.ysu.edu
Wed Feb 4 19:59:38 GMT 2009

myron wrote:
> I tired a few things now.
> I had gcc-4.2.1 on my system, si I trited that. It failed at the same
> spot.
> I then tried it with Sun's gcc and Sun's ld and that failed with an
> option to ld that it didn't understand.
> I think that's the reason I use gnu's ld. So, now I'm trying it with
> Sun's gcc and gnu's ld.

It may be obvious, but did you 'make clean' and re-configure between
each attempt? If not, that could be why it's passing ld wrong options.

Also, I'm not sure if you can mix and match linkers. I presume that you
need to be using the linker that gcc says it was configured for, but
perhaps thats not true.

-Brian