[Samba] libsmbclient: readdir caches dirents?

Geoff Johnstone geoffsheep.johnstonefrog at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 4 18:48:04 GMT 2009

I'm using libsmbclient with smbc contexts.

If I do an smbc_readdir() of a directory X then I get a
bunch of (correct) dirents.

I then smbc_rmdir() a subdirectory X/Y, which succeeds.

A subsequent smbc_readdir(), using the same smbc
context, still gives a dirent for X/Y.

I've observed this with libsmbclient from Samba 3.2.4,
3.2.7 and 3.3.0, talking to Samba and Win2K3 servers.

Two questions:
  1. Does libsmbclient cache readdir results?
  2. How do I fix it (ideally without recreating the context)?

Many thanks,
Geoff.