[Samba] RE: Problem compiling 3.3.0?

Braebaum, Neil Neil.Braebaum at shopdirect.com
Wed Feb 4 15:38:50 GMT 2009

Following up to my own message, here, I resolved this by editing
smbd/server.c as follows (grabbed from auth/auth_domain.c):-

25a26,87
> extern bool global_machine_password_needs_changing;
>
> void attempt_machine_password_change(void)
> {
>       unsigned char trust_passwd_hash[16];
>       time_t lct;
>       void *lock;
>
>       if (!global_machine_password_needs_changing) {
>               return;
>       }
>
>       if (lp_security() != SEC_DOMAIN) {
>               return;
>       }
>
>       /*
>        * We're in domain level security, and the code that
>        * read the machine password flagged that the machine
>        * password needs changing.
>        */
>
>       /*
>        * First, open the machine password file with an exclusive lock.
>        */
>
>       lock = secrets_get_trust_account_lock(NULL, lp_workgroup());
>
>       if (lock == NULL) {
>               DEBUG(0,("attempt_machine_password_change: unable to
lock "
>                       "the machine account password for machine %s in
"
>                       "domain %s.\n",
>                       global_myname(), lp_workgroup() ));
>               return;
>       }
>
>       if(!secrets_fetch_trust_account_password(lp_workgroup(),
>                       trust_passwd_hash, &lct, NULL)) {
>               DEBUG(0,("attempt_machine_password_change: unable to
read the "
>                       "machine account password for %s in domain
%s.\n",
>                       global_myname(), lp_workgroup()));
>               TALLOC_FREE(lock);
>               return;
>       }
>
>       /*
>        * Make sure someone else hasn't already done this.
>        */
>
>       if(time(NULL) < lct + lp_machine_password_timeout()) {
>               global_machine_password_needs_changing = false;
>               TALLOC_FREE(lock);
>               return;
>       }
>
>       /* always just contact the PDC here */
>
>       change_trust_account_password( lp_workgroup(), NULL);
>       global_machine_password_needs_changing = false;
>       TALLOC_FREE(lock);
> }

Just in case anybody has the same issue.

Neil

This email and its attachments are confidential to the intended recipient. If this has come to you in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system. You must take no action based on this email, nor must you copy or disclose it or any part of its contents to any person or organisation. Please note that email communications may be monitored. The registered office of Shop Direct Limited is First Floor, Skyways House, Speke Road, Speke, Liverpool, L70 1AB, registered number 04730752.

Subsidiary companies of Shop Direct Limited include:

Shop Direct Group Financial Services Limited (SDGFS), Shop Direct Financial Services Limited (SDFS) and Shop Direct Finance Company Limited (SDFC). The registered office of SDGFS, SDFS and SDFC is Aintree Innovation Centre, Park Lane, Netherton, Bootle, L30 1SL, registered numbers 05200103 (SDGFS), 04730706 (SDFS) and 04660974 (SDFC). SDFS and SDFC are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in respect of arranging insurance products.

Shop Direct Contact Centres Limited (SDCC) and Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited (SDHS). The registered office of SDCC and SDHS is First Floor, Skyways House, Speke Road, Speke, Liverpool, L70 1AB, registered numbers 05330323 (SDCC), 04663281 (SDHS).

All companies registered in England.