[Samba] Disappearing user name

Miguel Medalha miguelmedalha at sapo.pt
Tue Feb 3 17:21:34 GMT 2009

> I believe this was supposed to be a bug in smbldap-tools however with
> the latest release of that I still get that. It's no biggie though.

smbldap-tools is a set of scripts that do nothing to a running account. It only works upon creating or modifying accounts.

The full user's name is there in LDAP, both under "cn" (common name) and displayName. It appears and disappears on the client in what seems an aleatory mode. My questions are: Why? Does this denounce a problem somewhere?

Thank you.