[Samba] Samba + LDAP problem

Agustin Eguia agustin.eguia at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 16:41:31 GMT 2009

Hello everyone, I have a question here that has been giving me troubles :

I installed my PDC with samba + LDAP... everything seems to work just
fine (user creation, population, groups, users and machines connecting
to the domain)... but one thing keeps not working : net getlocalsid... I
keep getting this message : Can't fetch domain SID for name: MACHINENAME

I searched the internet like crazy even asked in IRC channels but no
luck... can anyone enlight me on this one ?

Thanks,

A.