[Samba] Re: Smbtorture + Domain Environment

tim clusters tim.clusters at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 01:43:59 GMT 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 4:08 PM, tim clusters <tim.clusters at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does smbtorture have any issues operating in a Domain environment? I get
> the following error even for simple tests
>
> [root at D2950-11 samba_tests]# ./smbtorture //D1950-01/global-share -U
> TESTDOMAIN2+testuserc OPEN
> using seed 1233356434
> Password:
> host=D1950-01 share=global-share user=TESTDOMAIN2+testuserc myname=D2950-11
> Running OPEN
> starting open test
> failed to open share connection: //D1950-01/global-share port:0 -
> NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
> TEST OPEN FAILED!
> OPEN took 0.015798 secs

Smbtorture from Samba4 code base resolved this issue. Earlier I was using
smbtorture from Samba version 3.2.3.

[root at D2950-11 4.0]# ./smbtorture -T samba3 -U TESTDOMAIN2/testuserC //
192.168.97.5/global-share BASE-OPEN
Using seed 1233624877
Password for [TESTDOMAIN2\testuserC]:
Create file with control char names passed.
correct error code ERRDOS/ERRnoaccess returned
finished open test 1
correct error code ERRDOS/ERRbadshare returned
finished open test 2
finished open test 3
testing ctemp
ctemp gave path TMLSSOoR
TEST #1 testing 2 non-io opens (no delete)
non-io open test #1 passed.
TEST #2 testing 2 non-io opens (first with delete)
non-io open test #2 passed.
TEST #3 testing 2 non-io opens (second with delete)
non-io open test #3 passed.
TEST #4 testing 2 non-io opens (both with delete)
test 4 open 2 of \readonly.file gave NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION (correct
error should be sharing violation)
non-io open test #4 passed.
TEST #5 testing 2 non-io opens (both with delete - both with file share
delete)
non-io open test #5 passed.
TEST #6 testing 1 non-io open, one io open
non-io open test #6 passed.
TEST #7 testing 1 non-io open, one io open with delete
test 7 open 2 of \readonly.file gave NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION (correct
error should be sharing violation)
non-io open test #7 passed.
TEST #8 testing one normal open, followed by lock, followed by open with
truncate
open test #8 passed.

Cheers,
-Tim