[Samba] Hello I need help with samba4

gerardobh at eiefd.co.cu gerardobh at eiefd.co.cu
Mon Feb 2 21:13:52 GMT 2009

I've tried samba4 alpha6 and alpha7 and it works great. The host where
it's installed, along with the attr package, doesn't require users or
groups to be mapped. I could even redirect the "My documents",
"Application Data" and "Desktop" Folder with group policies to
"\\nameserver\home\%USERNAME%"

The problem arises when I want to use the same database to authenticate
users on other servers such as postfix, I would have to map users and
groups to theirs uid and gid using winbind or libnss

Samba4's wbinfo works great, it maps users and groups. But when, on that
host, I switch nsswitch.conf to use winbind the "getent passwd"
doesn't work. And using libnss is even worse.

y se considera que está limpio.
Departamento de Redes y Servicios Telemáticos.
Escuela Internacional de Educación Física y Deportes.
Para más información llamar al 861212 ext: 295