[Samba] User Manager for Domains -- Groups not showing

Mon Feb 2 16:22:32 GMT 2009

On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 08:05:26AM -0800, Ray Klassen wrote:
> Ok. I installed LAM. It happily sees all groups etc. because it's
> accessing them directly through ldap. There doesn't seem to be a
> utility there to 'fix errors'
>
> It's when you access the information via samba (i.e. RPC) that you
> can't get a group list. The list is the only information I've found
> you can't get via RPC and the list is available elsewhere, (getent,
> LAM, net groupmap, etc.) so it doesn't cripple me, but I'd like to
> setup USER MANAGER for DOMAINS for my user admin person if I can.

Not having followed that thread, but this is something that
definitely should work and which has worked very well in the
past. So either you have a configuration problem, your
usrmgr.exe is broken (Don't laugh, that has happened to me),
or Samba has a bug.

What you need to do is provide a debug level 10 log of smbd
trying to enumerate groups.

Volker