[Samba] Samba 4--are multiple domain administrators possible?

kb9vqf at pearsoncomputing.net kb9vqf at pearsoncomputing.net
Mon Feb 2 01:50:18 GMT 2009

I have a quick question for someone knowledgeable in Samba 4:
I recently set up a Samba 4 test server, utilizing the built-in LDAP
server, and joined an Windows XP client to it.  After logging in with the
precreated "administrator" account I then attempted to add another user
and grant that user domain administrator privileges by adding him to the
"Domain Admins" group.

When I logged in under the new user, I was completely locked out of any
administrative tasks, even though that user was showing up under the
"Domain Admins" group.  Does Samba 4 not yet understand multiple domain
administrators, or did I do something wrong?

Thank you for any assistance you can offer.  Samba 4 is quite impressive
even in alpha!

Timothy Pearson