[Samba] Windows 7, http://www.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/SuSE/STABLE/11.2/

Jim McDonough jmcd at samba.org
Thu Dec 31 06:58:52 MST 2009

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 6:52 AM, Hartje Stendel <h.stendel at check-tec.de> wrote:
> I have the typical problem with Windows 7.
>
> I loaded the repository from the binaries and installed it.
> I changed the registry on the client but still can not login.
>
> I am a little bit confused about the version numbers.
> In the repository the version of samba is:
>
> samba-3.2.7-11.4.1 - A SMB/CIFS File, Print, and Authentication Server
What SUSE product?  SLE 11?  openSUSE 11.x?

>  _netr_ServerAuthenticate2: netlogon_creds_server_check failed. Rejecting
> auth request from client GUSTAV machine account GUSTAV$

You can find our 3.4.3 packages if you like at the openSUSE build
service network:samba:STABLE repository at
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/network:/samba:/STABLE/

There are repositories for all currently supported products.  Please
let us know if you need help with those repositories and getting them
in your package setup.

--
Jim McDonough
Samba Team