[Samba] Users from trusted domains get "Your Password expires today" in 3.4.3

Deyan Stoykov dstoykov at ru.acad.bg
Wed Dec 30 10:00:27 MST 2009

Hello everyone!

We've got a Samba domain that trusts another Samba domain and a Windows
  Server 2008 domain. We recently upgraded both Samba DCs from 3.0.x to
3.4.3

After that, whenever a user logs on a workstation in the trusting domain
with an account from one of the trusted domains, he gets this message:

Your Password expires today. Do you want to change it?

Of course, the password isn't expiring, and no such message appears when
  users login on a workstation, joined into their domain.

Since both trusted domains, that otherwise have nothing in common, are
affected, I'm currently looking into the trusting domain. Here's the
global section of smb.conf on the DC:

[global]
         workgroup = UCCD
         server string =
         interfaces = 127.0.0.1, 172.16.0.9
         passdb backend = ldapsam:"ldap://ldap2.ru.acad.bg/"
         username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
         lanman auth = Yes
         log level = 2
         syslog = 0
         log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
         max log size = 500
         load printers = No
         printcap name = /dev/null
         disable spoolss = Yes
         add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w "%u"
         logon script = etc\welcome.vbs
         logon path = \\orac\%U\Profile
         logon drive = M:
         domain logons = Yes