[Samba] DNS update via trusted machine account

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Tue Dec 29 11:35:59 MST 2009

I have had success with the method described at the end of the following
thread.  It involves adding
three lines to dhclient.conf.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1030669171

Note that only the Forward Lookup Zone is updated; PTR records are not.
However, this simple solution has been sufficient for me.

Dale