[Samba] samba 3.3 for opensuse 10.2

peter grotz peter.grotz at grotz.org
Tue Dec 29 03:33:07 MST 2009

At Dienstag, 29. Dezember 2009 08:23, Karolin Seeger has wisely spoken thusly:

Hi Karolin,

> Hi Peter,

>> JM> You need 3.3 or _later_ ?  It shipped with 3.4.2, so that would be
>> JM> later.  Or do you specifically need 3.3?
>>
>> no, you´re wrong! It´s shipped wigth 3.0.23! I hav here opensuse 10.2
>> and it´s really 3.0.23!!

> you can find a lot of Samba versions for opensuse 10.2 e.g. on
> http://ftp.sernet.de/pub/samba/.

thanks   for  the  link. In the meantime I found it by myself, but in
past I was avoiding  it  because  these builds work somehow differently from the
"normal" suse-rpms.

But I´ll give it a try again.

Thanks again, Karolin!

Cheers,