[Samba] Samba PDC and Windows XP clients - login timeout after 15 minutes

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Mon Dec 28 03:56:00 MST 2009

Hallo, Michael,

Du meintest am 28.12.09:

>> When a user starts his Windows computer and don't login within the
>> next 15 minutes
>> (because he drinks a cup of coffee) and tried to login after that
>> time he get the message,
>> that the server-profile could not be loaded and a temporary profile
>> is used instead.

>> Any ideas what goes wrong?

> Sorry, no idea just like that.

Just to confuse you a bit more ...

I've seen this nasty behaviour on one of my windows clients (on and on);
"Windows-Anmeldung" (no domain).
I have to rebuild the network neighborhood via "net view \\Se.rv.er.IP".

It's only one machine (Windows 2000); the other machines (Windows 2000,
Windows XPpro, Windows XP Home) don't lose their neighborhood.

Samba 3.2.13 (Samba 3.4.x makes other problems).

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut