[Samba] share CUPS printer/scanner in Debian system with Windows computers in home network

Seb spluque at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 13:08:26 MST 2009

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 14:54:24 -0500,
Ryan Suarez <ryan.suarez at sheridanc.on.ca> wrote:

> How are you trying to connect to the samba server from windows?

I tried (1) going to "Network", but I only see the local Windows machine
and the router, (2) map a network drive and provide "\\kolob\sluque",
but it tells me it can't access the server, and (3) adding a "network
printer" and choosing to browse for a printer, but the server isn't even
listed, and if I just give the address "\\kolob\ML-1740" it also tells
me that the server can't be accessed.

--
Seb