[Samba] Looking for Windows port

Wed Dec 23 09:43:11 MST 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 10:19:19AM -0600, Pitr Tend wrote:
> If the question is so stupid then why did did Ross Smith try it with Cygwin
> and succeed?
> http://smithii.com/samba

Samba has two general components: A client and a server
side. It could make sense to use the client side on Windows,
I don't see much point in getting the server side to run.

If you need the client utils, you might be lucky to make it
run, but this is nothing the Samba Team actively pursues at
this moment. Feel free to send in patches to make it work,
we will review them and if they are good include them.

Volker